Note: This article refers to websites created using HostPapa Website Builder
Internet Explorer doesn’t support displaying favicons next to your URL, the tab or window when you open the site. The favicon will only be displayed if the site is bookmarked and in your Favorites folder.
However, Firefox displays the favicon in the address bar, the tab or window and in your bookmarks menu. Unfortunately this is browser behaviour over which we have no control.
If you would like have a cross browser favicon:
- Go to http://tools.dynamicdrive.com/favicon
- Browse your computer for the image that you want as your favicon.
- Click the Create Icon button.
- Then after it generates your favicon click the Download favicon button.
- Save it to your computer.
- Upload it to your file manager.
- Take the following code and place it in an HTML widget: <link rel=”shortcut icon” href=”resources/favicon.ico”>
- Update your site to view.