To change your MX records in G Suite, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Sign in to Google Domains
- Go to the Google Domains site.
- Click on the Sign In button in the upper right corner of the Google Domains homepage.
- Sign in using your email address or phone number, and the password that you created when you got the domain from Google Domains.
- Click Next if you know your account information. If you forgot your account information click Forgot password.
Step 2: Go to DNS records
- Click Configure DNS on the Domains dashboard beside the domain you want to verify for Google services.
- Scroll down to the Custom resource records section.
Step 3: Delete existing MX records
- Locate the MX records under the Custom resource records section.
- Click Delete next to each MX record.
- Repeat the process again until you delete all MX records.
Step 4: Add your HostPapa records to G Suite
You can find the HostPapa records that you need to add to Google Domains in this article.
- From the Type list under Custom resource records, select MX.
- Enter the corresponding value in the Name field.
- Leave the default value in the TTL field.
- Enter the rest of the information where applicable.
- Click on the + icon.
Please note the following points:
- It might take several hours for the records to update. You might not get the new email messages immediately. In the meantime, you will keep receiving messages in your old email provider.
- If the MX records setup validation in progress message appears in the Admin console for more than few hours, confirm that you entered the correct MX address records and priorities. Revisit the configurations to make sure that it is correct.
For further questions, or if you need help, please open a support ticket from your HostPapa Dashboard. Click here to learn how to do it.
María is an enthusiast of cinema, literature and digital communication. As Content Coordinator at HostPapa, she focuses on the publication of content for the blog and social networks, organizing the translations, as well as writing and editing articles for the KB.